PKM Systems: Highlighting
Yup, I have a highlighting system.
I spend a lot of time on my personal knowledge management (PKM) system, and over the years I have developed tools and systems to improve it. One of those is my highlighting system.
I use the Zebra Soft Brush Mildliner set and they come in packs of 5.
- Pink - Idea
- Reading something has triggered an idea. My first step is capturing the idea in LogSeq then I look for connected ideas.
- Yellow - Key Quote
- Any sentence or paragraph that I wish to reference at a later date.
- Orange - Something I don’t know
- Prompt to revisit and research a topic.
- Blue - Action
- Reading has triggered a need to do something e.g. the writer says bitcoin will be worth £30m in 2030, so I might go and buy some bitcoin.
- Green - Person of interest
- This is the cause of my reading list being so long. If an author references another author who is an expert in a field I’m interested in, I will use this as a prompt to research them.
Read other posts
comments powered by Disqus